If you want to feature the content curated into a hub on your website, you can use the Embed tool to do so!
When you do so, anyone on another web property can see what kinds of content you're curating. They also don't have to be taken off your site if you don't want them to leave. The best part is that it works seamlessly with any website. Here's an example:
Generating an Embed Code
To embed your posts, you'll need to create an embed code that you will paste onto your website's HTML code.
- Navigate to the hub you want to embed onto your site.
- Click on the Compose icon > Embeds.
- Click on the Get Started button next to the style of embed you would like to create:
- Stream - this most closely resembles what you see on the hub
- Carousel - creates a rotating selection of posts
- Playlist - used mainly for hubs with a lot of video content
- Gallery - used if your hub has lots of imagery
- Let's use Stream for our example. You have access to a variety of default options, they're explained below. Configure your embed widgets as you'd like. You can see live changes on the preview section.
- Click on the Get Code button. Here, you'll see an HTML snippet to integrate onto your website.
Default Embed Options
This section describes the various options you have when setting up an embed for your website. Not all of the options will appear for each style of embed widget.
|Sort Order||The order by which your content is retrieved for your embed||Dropdown: Most recent, least recent, random|
|Only Show||What will show on your embed||Dropdown: All, photo only, link only|
|Page Mode||If the Load More button will replace existing tiles or add more tiles onto the page (Stream option only)||Dropdown: Append, Replace|
|Limit Articles To||How many articles will showcase or load||Numeric field|
|Background Color||The color that appears behind post tiles||Hex code field|
|Skin||The overall visual look of the tiles||Dropdown: Default, Photo heavy|
|Blocks Per Page||The row of tiles that appear in your embed on first load||Dropdown: 1, 2, 3|
|Filter By Tag||Load only content with a specific tag in the hub.||Text field|
|Accent Color||Secondary color elements on the tile||Hex code field|
|Show Collections Navigation?||Includes the collections navigation of your hub above the embed widget||Checkbox|
|Allow Social Share?||Enables social share icons on tiles||Checkbox|
|Show Article Tags?||Displays all tags associated with the post||Checkbox|
|Show Article Byline?||Displays the description of the post if entered via post settings||Checkbox|
|Show Article Context?||Displays the context of the post||Checkbox|
|Show Collaborator Header?||Displays the collaborator and time of publishing||Checkbox|
|Inline Spotlight||When the user clicks on the embed, does a light box appear or does it start a new tab taking the user to the hub?||Checkbox|
|Carousel Duration||The frequency at which the carousel rotates between articles (Carousel option only)||Numeric field|
|Slab Width||The width of the tiles on the embed (Gallery option only)||Numeric field in px|
|Gutter Width||The width between tiles on the embed (Gallery option only)||Numeric field in px|
Want some more flexibility? Ask your Customer Success Manager about our API documentation. You can build any type of embed you'd like using it!